Good day! My congratulations, dear friends, because you have become the proud owner of a remote control from Rostelecom. Today we will talk about setting up this miracle. The problem is that this contraption at the very beginning does not want to turn on or off the TV, but generally at least somehow respond to normal operation. That is why I wrote more detailed instructions for setting up the remote control from Rostelecom. Let’s look at three ways to synchronize. If you have any questions or additions, then write about them in the comments.
Remote control buttons
Before proceeding with setting up the Rostelecom remote control for the TV, let’s get acquainted with its keys. I advise you not to skip this chapter, as we will use many buttons in the future to configure your screen.
|one||Food||Turn the console on or off|
|2||TV||Turn off or turn on the TV|
|3||A/V or Source||Switch to another video output port|
|four||Menu||Go to menu|
|5||Back||Back one step|
|6||Switching||Switching: “Menu Mode” – “View Mode”.|
|7||OK||Action confirmation button.|
|eight||Arrows||To navigate the menu. To quickly scroll through a large list, you just need to hold down one of the presented keys.|
|9||Rewind or speed up the view||Increase browsing speed. If you press one button several times, the video will start to rewind.|
|ten||Play/Pause||I think everything is clear here.|
|eleven||Volume||Increase or decrease the volume|
|12||Channel switching||Arrow “Up” – the next channel. Arrow “Down” – the previous channel.|
|13||Mute||Completely turns off any soundtrack.|
|fourteen||Last channel||Switches between the two last viewed channels.|
|fifteen||0-9||Buttons for entering numbers and letters.|
As the manufacturer indicates, the remote control from Rostelecom is a universal device that can be controlled both by the set-top box itself and the TV. Linking the Rostelecom remote control to the TV is done in several ways:
- Manual code entry for device synchronization.
- Automatic configuration by TV brand.
- Autonomous enumeration of numbers in the memory of the remote control itself.
ATTENTION! If one of the methods does not work, then you can always use another or reset the current setting to the factory settings (I will write about this below).
Automatic search by manufacturer
- Turn on the TV.
- It is necessary to transfer the Rostelecom remote control to the programming mode. To do this, we find the “TV” button on it and hold it down for exactly 3 seconds. After that, the light on the remote control should blink exactly two times. Everything, now the mode is turned on.
- To program the remote, you need to find the manufacturer of your TV in the table below. After that, hold and do not release this number until the TV cuts out. At this moment, he will start to sort through all possible codes for binding, and as soon as he finds it, he will cut down your TV box.
If in the end nothing happened, and the TV did not turn off, then proceed to manual input in the next chapter.
- Turn on the TV if it is off.
- Take the remote control from the Rostelecom set-top box and find the two buttons “OK” and “TV”. Next, you need to hold down these two buttons for 3 seconds. As soon as the light on the remote blinks 2 times, remove your fingers from the buttons.
- Next, you will need to sequentially enter 4 numbers using the assigned keys on the remote control itself. We look at the special code according to the model of your TV in the plate below. After entering the code, your box should be completely cut out. Then press the “TV” button. If the encoding does not fit, then enter the following.
Table of codes for the Rostelecom remote control for TVs:
If you did not find your manufacturer in the table, you can look in our code directory below.
NOTE! Unfortunately, not all TV brands are presented in the table. For example, for DEXP boxes it is better to do automatic setup.
If you couldn’t find your remote control code, you can try offline setup. In this mode, the Rostelecom remote control will try to find the optimal code in its memory.
- Make sure the TV is on.
- To switch to programming mode, everything is done in the same way as in the previous case. We find two buttons “OK” and “TV”, hold them down for 3 seconds until the light blinks twice.
- Next, you will need to enter the code:
- The light will flash two more times.
- Press the “TV” button again.
- The light on the Power button will blink twice.
- Press the button to switch the next channel. The light bulb will blink again.
- If the TV turned off, click on “OK” – the training was successful. If it does not turn off, then wait again for 3 seconds and press again on the same “channel switch” button (up arrow).
Solving problems after linking
I also encountered this problem after synchronizing my LG. At the same time, when you switch channels on the set-top box, the channels on the TV itself also switch in the same way. At the same time, I already made the binding of the remote control. As it turned out, this bug can be fixed by changing the code for controlling the set-top box.
- Make sure the set-top box and TV are turned on.
- Next, we again transfer our remote control to programming mode, but in a slightly different way. Now we need to hold down “OK” and “Power” for a few seconds until the light blinks twice.
- Now you need to enter one of the presented codes: 3220, 3221, 3222, 3223, 3224.
- After entering, we again try to switch channels or increase the sound. If the problem persists, then again we do all the steps again, but we already select a different code.
If something went wrong, some errors appeared, or the TV and set-top box live their own lives, then you can reset the Rostelecom remote control and do everything from the very beginning. To do this, follow this simple step-by-step instruction:
- Press “OK” and “TV” until the LED blinks twice.
- Enter 3 numbers:
- If the LED blinks 4 times, then the reset has occurred.